Marco Zeiger has successfully defended his thesis entitled “Next generation electrochemical energy storage with nanocarbons and carbon nanohybrid materials”. Congratulations!
Like all years before, our team is again making a major contribution to the PhD student poster symposium of Saarland University. The event is being held in the Aula from 2-4 PM.
- Simon Fleischmann: Carbon onion / metal oxide: hybridization or nanocomposite? What system can deliver a better performance for electrochemical energy storage?
- Nicolas Jäckel: Performance evaluation of conductive additives for supercapacitor electrodes
- Benjamin Krüner: Novolac‐derived carbon beads for LiS‐batteries, supercapacitors, and capacitive deionization
- Juhan Lee: Redox electrolytes for high performance electrochemical energy storage
- Hwirim Shim: Lithium titanium oxide/carbon onion hybrid as an anode material for lithium ion batteries
- Aura Tolosa: Continuous hybrid fibers: highways for rapid electron transport in battery electrodes
Volker Presser is giving a seminar talk at the Bavarian Center for Applied Energy Research (ZAE Bayern) with the title “Electrochemical dilatometry for energy storage materials”.
PhD student Pattarachai Srimuk (Bank) has accumulated an impressive citation number – yielding an excellent H-index of 10 (google scholar).
Welcome new visiting PhD student Jemma Rowlandson from Valeska Ting‘s team at the University of Bristol, UK! Jemma will be working on bio-derived nanoporous carbons for electrochemical applications in the next 3 months. See also Jemma’s fantastic YouTube science videos (video 1 / video 2 / video 3).